900,000 women in the UK have quit their jobs due to menopause. Yet, a staggering 84% of businesses don’t provide menopause training for staff, or 81% have any sort of menopause policy in place.
With more than 4.3m women over 50 in employment in the UK, menopausal women are the fastest-growing demographic in work places across the UK. With 80% of women experiencing some symptoms of the menopause and one in four have severe symptoms, including anxiety and depression, organisations are being urged to introduce menopause policies – or at the very least, accommodate those that are suffering and educate their colleagues.
Date for your diaries: World Menopause Day is 18 October 2022.
All our menopause at work trainings and consultations are delivered by a qualified menopause specialist, with a MSc in Nutritional Medicine and 17 years experience delivering corporate workshops.
BOOK A MENOPAUSE AT WORK WORKSHOP TODAY
Menopause awareness for employees
Of a survey of menopausal women, 94% said they felt their work had suffered as a result of their symptoms, and 53% said their colleagues had noticed a deterioration in their performance.
The first step to supporting is understanding. This menopause awareness session is designed to educate everyone on the issue, creating a caring and supportive company culture with menopause on the agenda.
This workshop will cover:
- Definition of menopause
- Symptom awareness
- Symptom management options
- Mid-life checklist
- Workplace adjustments
How it works:
- Capacity: Unlimited attendees
- Length: 60 minutes
- Logistics: This workshop is available for delivery as a virtual webinar or in-house in the UK.
Menopause Workshop for Managers
Everyone should feel comfortable having a conversation with their manager about the menopause, yet 32% of menopausal women cite an unsupportive manager as the reason for not disclosing their menopausal symptons.
Without an open dialogue with senior leadership, companies are at risk of losing experienced talent with a wealth of skills and compromising their commitment to an inclusive and diverse workforce. Help your managers understand and communicate menopause issues appropriately and respectfully.
In this 60 minute bespoke workshop aimed at managers, you will learn:
- How to have sensitive conversations about the menopause
- The range of symptoms experienced
- Employers policy on menopause
- Support and adjustments available within the organisation
- Changes that can be made within the workers rights
- Signposting other than their manager (HR, trade union, EAP, wellbeing champion)
- Employment law relating to the menopause
How it works:
- Capacity: Up to 15 managers (We keep this to a smaller group to encourage plenty of participation and dialogue).
- Length: 60 minutes (Longer sessions are available)
- Logistics: This workshop is available for delivery as a virtual webinar or in-house workshop
1:1 menopause consultations
Menopause symptoms can be severe and confusing. Even after an appointment with the doctor, time constraints often leave people with unanswered questions and unsolved symptoms.
A 45 minute 1:1 confidential consultation with our menopause professionals grants the appropriate time to discuss what really is going on. We provide information and options to manage your symptoms with further dietary advice, lifestyle choices, and ongoing support.
Maintain a long-term awareness of how menopause affects workplace professionals and personal wellbeing. No one suffering the symptoms should ever feel confused, alone, and helpless.
Access information and advice on:
- brain fog • heart health • weight gain • mental health • osteoporosis
- intimate areas • skin & hair • libido • migraines • energy
How it works:
Capacity: Unlimited attendees
Length: 30 mins