Vitamin N: Connecting To Nature Through Mindfulness
As many of us have discovered in the past year, spending time in nature is a powerful way to support and improve our wellbeing. From tending windowsill plant plots, to visiting a local park or exploring ancient woods, we all have some form of nature in our homes or on our doorsteps. Whether you’re a city dweller and surrounded by acres of countryside, this workshop explores the importance of our connection to nature and simple ways that you can use mindfulness to help bring this connection into your day.
This 60 minute virtual workshop will cover:
- A reminder of the principles of mindfulness
- An exploration of how mindfulness can deepen our connection with nature – and why this matters to our wellbeing
- Practical nature-based rituals you can incorporate in your week, no matter how big or small your access to nature is.
- Putting this into practise with a series of short mindfulness exercises that help you develop your nature connection.
After the workshop, each participant will receive an audio file of a 15 minute guided meditation to accompany them on a ‘mindful walk’ in nature.
How it works:
- Capacity: 100 people online.
- Length: 60 minutes
- Logistics: This workshop is available for delivery as a virtual webinar. You’ll be sent an exclusive link to the workshop, which will be streamed via Zoom.
- Your facilitator: A highly experienced mindfulness teacher, specialising in nature and mindful eating.
“Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better. My scientific work is motivated by an irresistible longing to understand the secrets of nature and by no other feeling.” Albert Einstein