Mental Health Awareness Week 2022: Mindfulness for Loneliness
Loneliness is something all of us experience at different times of life. It can present a real challenge to our mental health and wellbeing, but there are also ways that we can support ourselves in periods of loneliness.
Mindfulness is one of the tools that can help us recognise and manage loneliness. In this bespoke workshop created for Mental Health Awareness Week we’ll investigate some different mindfulness techniques, and reflect on how they can help us build a sense of connection with ourselves and others.
This is an interactive session with time for personal reflection, discussion and an exploration of how mindfulness can support us in times of need.
What to expect in this 45 minute session:
- Practise an introductory grounding mindfulness meditation to lay the foundations for building a personal sense of awareness and connection
- Explore the link between loneliness and wellbeing, reflecting on what loneliness looks and feels like for each of us
- Discuss how mindfulness supports our wellbeing and how it can help us tap into the ‘Upward Spiral Out of Loneliness’
- Introduce the RAIN of Self-Compassion mindfulness exercise as a way to recognise and address difficult emotions, with a particular focus on loneliness
How it works:
- Capacity: Up to 100 people virtually.
- Length: 45 minutes
- Your facilitator: A fully accredited mindfulness teacher.