Let’s Talk About Race: Creating an Inclusive Workplace Culture
The 2018 Race in the Workplace Survey revealed that only 38% of employees believed their employers felt comfortable talking about race in the workplace. Meanwhile, the global impact and ripple effect of the Black Lives Matter movement has been felt keenly in many UK based workplaces across the majority of non-white employees. Many organisations are now trying to navigate the best way to ensure that they create and maintain more inclusive workplace cultures where all employees can thrive.
With so much public discussion on racial injustice, privilege, inclusion and allyship all over social media, it can be very easy for employers who want to do more, to feel overwhelmed. Left unchecked that overwhelm can easily lead to no action being taken in workplaces.
This bespoke webinar has been created by a leading Life and Business Coach who is personally dedicated to helping organisations hold more productive and honest conversations about inclusion in the workplace .
In this 60 minute webinar, delegates can expect to:
- Understand terminology such as anti-racism, white privilege, allyship and inclusion.
- Understand unconscious bias and micro-aggressions as the most common forms of racism in the workplace
- Be aware of what inclusion looks like in practical terms.
- Have practical ways to become better workplace allies for non-white colleagues.
How it works:
- Capacity: 50 people or up to 100 virtually
- Length: 60 minutes.
- Requirements: A screen for some slides. A zoom link will be sent out for webinar bookings.
- Your facilitator: A leading life and business coach who works closely with corporate clients to facilitate sessions on wellbeing and inclusion in the workplace.
10% of all profits from this workshop will be donated to Black Minds Matter, a charity that connects Black individuals and families with free professional mental health services across the UK.
BOOK A ‘LET’S TALK ABOUT RACE’ WORKSHOP TODAY
This workshop exceeded my expectations and gave me a lot to think about in terms of being an ally.
This was amazing and has challenged me in so many ways!
Such an important subject and great session – keep up the good work!