The Wellbeing for People Leader's Programme
The effects of the pandemic on our working lives mean there has never been a more pertinent time for people leaders to prioritise their wellbeing and that of their teams. To truly integrate wellbeing into company culture and policy, leaders must set an example and learn wellbeing tools and techniques to personally practice and share with their wider colleagues.
This programme consists of the below x3 sessions, each of which are accompanied with a workbook to help delve deeper in to the subject matter.
“Stretching the City really collaborated with us to help met our objectives of our ‘Care and Connect’ People Leader’s programme. The modules were delivered to a very high standard and received excellent feedback. The content and approach was ideal and provided our People Leaders with the opportunity to engage and reflect on their own personal wellbeing and continue their development as supportive, caring leaders.”
HR Wellbeing Specialist
BOOK A PEOPLE LEADER’S PROGRAMME TODAY
Workshop 1: Owning your Wellbeing as a People Leader (60 mins)
In our opening session we will invite you to explore what wellbeing means to you and for you to consider how your personal wellbeing is paramount to ensuring you as individuals, and the teams you look after, can thrive. Remember that you can’t pour from an empty cup.
Topics covered will include:
- An exploration of what wellbeing really means
- The importance of resilience in maintaining good emotional, mental, and physical health.
- Inside-out and outside-in self-care
- Creating a self-care toolkit, which will include coaching exercises to boost your self awareness and focus you in on your next steps.
Workshop 2: Duty of Care as a People Leader (60 mins)
The second webinar will focus on duty of care and the expectations of you, as People Leaders, to ensure you are sufficiently supporting your teams. We will explore:
- Compassionate leadership and how you cultivate trust within your team
- Listening as a skill – one that needs perfecting and honing
- Conversational narcissism and how to have conversations that matter
- A case study for group discussion
Workshop 3: Mental Health Training for People Leaders (90 mins)
Our third module is a practical session around mental health awareness. This 90 minute session will help you to:
- Understand different mental health issues, with a particular focus on depression and anxiety
- Spot the signs when people may be struggling, to provide support and signpost for help
- Identify stigmatizing language patterns to avoid
- Create a powerful question bank to open up discussions of mental health with team members
- Devise a Wellbeing Support Plan for team members
- Approach mental health conversations with confidence and genuine empathy
Practice with a case study
How the People Leader’s Programme works:
Attendees: People leaders, line managers, team leaders.
Format: A combination of conversation, interactive exercises and some knowledge sharing. This programme is currently offered virtually via Zoom, or a meeting platform of your choice. An in-depth handout with additional exercises and tasks accompanies the programme.
Capacity: We recommend up to 30 people per session.
Length: Sessions 1 and 2 are 60 minutes, session 3 is 90 minutes. We encourage participation at all 3 sessions.
Facilitator: A transformational coach and leading workplace mental health trainer.