Nutrition at Work
Seminar-style nutrition workshops, delivered straight to your boardroom or laptop.
How it works:
Capacity: Up to 50 people per workshop, or 100 virtually via Zoom.
Duration: 60 minutes.
Your Workshop leader: A fully certified and BANT accredited corporate nutritionist.
Good Mood Food: Nutrition for Mental Health
The food we eat can have a profound effect on our mood and mental wellbeing. Discover the link between certain foods and poor mental health. Understand what you should be eating to help make ‘happy hormones’ and boost the body and mind during times of stress, overwhelm and poor mental health. You’ll also learn about the fascinating connection between the mind and the gut (otherwise known as the ‘second brain’) and the role of inflammation in contributing towards depression and anxiety.
Boost your Brain Power
Research shows that the food you consume is one of the most powerful influences on every day brain skills. Discover the effects of stress, toxins and certain foods on your brain health, concentration and memory. You’ll also get smart on foods and nutrients that will sharpen your mind and your mood.
Support your Immune System
In this signature workshop delivered by a Harley Street nutritionist, discover symptoms and causes of low immunity and learn how to build your immune system back to full working order with the help of nutrient dense foods and daily practices. Click here for more information on this workshop.
Nourishing Nutrition for Winter
Winter will bring many challenges to our emotional, mental and physical health. The more nourished we are and resilient our immune systems, the better we’ll be able to cope with the winter ahead. In this 60 minute session, you’ll learn nutritional know-how and healthy hacks to stay well this winter. This session covers:
- Winter – How the change in Seasons Effect our Wellbeing
- The Nutrients we need as we enter Winter
- Gut Health – it’s role in mental health and immunity
- Stimulants & Mood
- Warming Winter Foods for your health and taste buds
- Lifestyle Habits to avoid SAD and low mood
- Top Mood Tips
No Nonsense: Myth-Busting Nutrition
“What is the perfect diet?”, “Does Veganism cure cancer?”, “Is gluten bad for me?” Nutrition is an essential part of a healthy life, however, thanks to never-ending trends, headlines, fads, and stacks of misinformation, it’s become increasingly hard to find reliable nutrition information. Join our resident nutritionist as she demystifies common nutrition fads and diets, breaking down the science and nutrition behind the most commonly asked questions. You’ll leave this workshop with some key principles and tips to formulate your own optimal diet. This 60 minute session includes:
- Principles Of Nutrition & Diet – What Does It All Mean?
- Common Nutrition Myths Debunked
- Gluten Vs Gluten Free
- To Dairy Or Not To Dairy?
- Discussion Of Popular Diets –Vegan, 5:2/Fasting, Paleo, Ketogenic
- What Is The Optimal Human Diet?
Smart Eating Strategies when WFH
When your office and home are one entity, it can feel like an uphill battle when it comes to making smart eating choices. With your food supply in such close proximity, you may find yourself frequenting the kitchen in times of stress, boredom, indecisiveness, or most commonly – work procrastination mode. This webinar will provide smarter eating strategies to ensure working from home doesn’t derail your healthy diet. Click here for more information on this webinar
Women’s Wellbeing: Nutrition
Learn about the orchestra of female hormones: How they come together, what can disrupt their balance, nutrients necessary for their production and support and nutrition and lifestyle hacks to support hormonal wellbeing and balance. Click here for a more detailed description of this workshop.
Men’s Wellbeing: Nutrition
Discover the five main threats to men’s health – understanding the causes, highlighting the symptoms and equipping you with top nutritional know-how and preventative tips to tackle them. This workshops covers:
- The 5 Main Threats To Men’s Health: Cardiovascular Disease, Prostate Cancer, Depression, Diabetes & Stress.
- The Human Stress Response & How Stress Affects The Body
- Nutrients That Are Depleted By Chronic Stress
- Necessary Nutrients To Build Resilience
- Food, Drink And Lifestyle Tips To Optimize Men’s Health.
- How the heart works
- Factors that can impact our heart health
- All you need to know about cholesterol
- Diet to support the heart
- A spotlight on fats, protein and antioxidants
- Some heart-health recipes
- Lifestyle tips to support heart health
The 101 on Sugar
- Is all sugar bad for us?
- The different types of sugar
- Our body x Sugar
- The health benefits vs Risks of sugar consumption
- Artificial sweeteners- are they a better option?
- How to read food labels when it comes to sugar
- How to manage our sugar intake
Eating a Plant-Based Diet
- The Pros and Cons of a plant-based diet
- Why it’s not all about vegetables
- Why fat is your friend
- Protein: How to hit your protein requirements
- How to avoid nutritional deficiencies
- A balanced plant-based plate: How to build it
- Key plant-based foods you should have in your kitchen
- Plant-based recipes
Eating Sustainability & Seasonally
- What our current food climate looks like
- Eating seasonally in the UK
- Eating and shopping locally to benefit your health and the planet
- The benefits of eating a variety of plant-based foods
- Choosing sustainable animal food sources
- Meal planning to reduce food waste
- Making mindful purchasing a habit
- How to make dietary choices to support 2030 climate change carbon reduction targets
BOOK A NUTRITION WORKSHOP TODAY
“The nutritionist was great & really engaging and did a good job of drawing out responses from a quite unusually timid audience! The cooking workshop attendees were raving about the food!”
“Everyone loved ‘Keeping Well @ Work’ and found it really informative.”
“An excellent, insightful & very well delivered talk, on the back of which, I am determined to change my dietary habits – a rare thing to be able to say after attending a talk at work!”
I wanted to let you know how fantastic the nutrition workshop was. The staff were amazed with how interesting her talk was. I personally found it very inspiring. I’ve noticed all the people who attended have changed up their breakfast and there is also a very large amount of amazon orders of vitamin D spray!