Financial Wellbeing Workshops
Coping with the Cost of Living Crisis
With inflation in the UK at it’s highest in 40 years the cost of living crisis is dominating our newsfeeds in 2022. As energy bills rocket and the prices for petrol, food and housing soar, many people are struggling to cope. Help put your employee’s minds at ease and equip them with practical advice and helpful tips to weather the storm of this financial strain. This 60 minute workshop will cover:
- Getting financially naked – what is really going on with your money?
- Determining your wants and needs
- Tips and tricks to reduce your spend in all areas of life
- Going on a financial diet – learning new habits and staying on track
- Better budgeting
- Are you getting the financial support you are entitled to?
- Reducing your debt, including the different ways to tackle debt, debt support and tips to stay on track
Financial Wellbeing 101
Money wasn’t a topic we studied at school, and yet as adults, the decisions around how we make it, what we spend it on and how we manage our money can literally change our lives. At its heart, financial wellbeing is about acknowledging our emotions around money, feeling in control of our finances, being able to withstand financial unpredictability and unexpected expenses, and having the ability to make choices which lead us towards achievement of our financial and life goals. This 60 minute workshop will cover:
- The psychology of money, how our beliefs around money are formed and how these influence our habits, behaviours and feelings about money as adults
- Creating a basic financial plan and effective budget
- Paying yourself first & tracking your spending
- Disaster-proofing your finances and creating an emergency fund so you can withstand any shocks and setbacks
- Fostering good money habits to embed financial resilience.
Financial Wellbeing: Money Management
Tackling your team’s money worries makes sense. More than a quarter of millennials say financial stress affects their job performance and made them feel physically ill and depressed. Nearly half of employees have financial concerns, causing them to lose an average of six productive work days annually. (Northwestern Mutual Report, 2017). Learn the nuts and bolts of personal finance practices in this 60 minute financial wellbeing workshop. Learn about:
- Effective budgeting
- Save money each month
- Demystify ISAs and saving plans
- Contribute to a pension
- Common pitfalls : debt, emergency savings and keeping up with the Joneses
How our financial wellbeing workshops work:
- Duration: 60 minutes.
- Capacity: Up to 100 people virtually or 50 people in-house.
- Logistics: You’ll be sent an exclusive link to the workshop, which will be streamed via Zoom (or your preferred webinar platform). Workshops can be offered on-site in London and surrounding areas.
- Your facilitator: An ex-chartered accountant, who is now an experienced financial coach, personal finance mentor and author.
Please note these workshops are designed to educate rather than advise participants on financial choices. This coaching is never based on selling or recommending any financial product or service. Rather it’s about giving people the tools to think differently about money and help them make their own decisions.
1:1 Financial Coaching
Completely confidential and personalised 1:1 financial coaching for your staff. A popular add-on to the workshops above, these personal sessions allow your employees to talk through their financial concerns with an experienced financial coach. From arguing over finances with your partner to investment advice, no money topic is off limits in these 30 minute sessions.
This coaching is never based on selling or recommending any financial product or service. Rather it’s about giving people the tools to help them make their own decisions.
How it works:
Duration: Each session is 30 minutes. We book in blocks of x6 30 min 1:1 sessions.
Your coach: An ex-chartered accountant, who is now an experienced financial coach, personal finance mentor and author.
Requirements: These are delivered virtually via Zoom or Teams.
What our clients say about our financial wellbeing workshops
Webinar Attendee, LADBible
All of it was so helpful, especially the 50-30-20% rule regarding how much you spend on needs-wants-savings. I made loads of notes!
Group HR Director, Talbot Underwriting
Financial Fitness was really well received. It was nice that people felt comfortable enough to talk about their own experiences with money and their mindsets – I think the exercise really helped with that. We especially liked the fact that it wasn’t intrusive or presented as a lecture. The coach was professional but also relatable which, I think, was the right balance. People are still talking about it which is great!
Workshop Attendee, Landor & Fitch
The session was great- thank you so much! The presenter delivered some really useful and eye opening advice, and was great at getting everyone involved.