Harmonise your workplace whilst improving employee wellbeing with a workplace choir. Lead by professional musicians and singing teachers, this session will take staff out of their comfort zone, transporting them to greater levels of engagement, creativity and team bonding. There are multiple studies proving that singing is good for you. We’ve summarised a few of them here (get in touch for the full scientific studies):
- Singing reduces stress by decreasing cortisol levels.
- Heartbeats synchronise when a group sings together, bringing about a calming effect.
- Group Cohesion: Singing has a bonding effect that promotes fast cohesion between unknown individuals. The release of oxytocin and seratonin also helps you feel good and fosters an increased a sense of bonding and trust.
- People who sing are proven to be happier.
Workplace Choir sessions are rooted in really good music and you can guarantee you’ll be singing along to artists and musical arrangements that uplift and inspire. We’ll arrange a call between you and the conductor beforehand to ensure the tone is just right.
How it works
- Workplace Choir sessions can be offered as a short 15 minute ice breaker, an hour’s workshop or a half or full day workshop.
- We suggest a minimum of 6 participants and there really is no maximum.
- All we require is a space such as a meeting room, boardroom or auditorium to host the session. Unless delivering this session in a very large room, no technology or audio equipment is needed, so all that’s required is willing participants with an open mind.
“It felt therapeutic just to hear my own voice after sitting in silence for a while. When my voice was combined with the other voices I felt a huge sense of connection to the rest of the group. It was powerful.”
Workplace Choir participant.
“George and Greg were lovely – charming and engaging. And of course I loved the singing element.”
HSBC workshop participant