Move at your Desk Workshop
With sitting declared as the ‘new smoking’, our Move at your Desk workshop is your secret weapon to get moving throughout the working day.
There’s no getting away from it, sitting at a desk, tapping away on a keyboard for several hours a day can take its toll on our bodies. What’s more, whilst working from home at make-shift home office set-ups, we are hearing of increasing instances of back, neck and shoulder pain. These pains can evidently impact staff morale and productivity. Sitting per se is not the issue. The issues are: How we sit and how long we stay sedentary for. Enter… Move at Your Desk.
Our experienced Pilates teacher will see your staff on Zoom and teach you how to sit and stand correctly. We take you through a set of simple, yet effective exercises that can be discreetly incorporated into your working day. We use our technical expertise to advise on postural issues and help you and your staff to set measurable goals to improve your posture, mobility and strength. If you’re sitting up straight whilst reading this, then Move at Your Desk is for you.
In this 60 minute workshop, you will:
- Learn essential desk-bound exercise for a stronger, healthier and pain-free body that will help counteract the effects of sedentary work.
- With a firm focus on core strength, you’ll learn practical ways to power up your posture, as well as fail-safe stretches to release tension in your back, neck and shoulders.
- Practice exercises to free your spine and strengthen your core.
- See harmful and helpful ways of sitting (and standing) at your desk and discover the anatomical reasons for sitting properly and being ergonomically aware on a daily basis.
- Learn tips to bring more movement in to your day.
We also offer a Move at Your Desk 6 week course Drop us a line to find out more.
How it works
- Capacity: 100 people via webinar.
- Length: 60 minutes.
- Your teacher: A fully accredited and certified Pilates teacher, with extensive corporate experience.
- Requirements: Just a chair for each participant.
- Logistics: You’ll be sent an exclusive link to the class, which will be streamed via Zoom (or a webinar platform of your choice).
BOOK A MOVE AT YOUR DESK WORKSHOP TODAY
I found it very beneficial and would love to do it again. All my muscles felt a lot looser at the end.
I really enjoyed the session and certainly felt more awake and less stiff after!
We would definitely recommend you to any one who wanted to try this workshop. It was very inclusive and informative