Nurturing the Superpower of Neurodiversity at Work
13-19 March 2023 is Neurodiversity Celebration Week.
Neurodiversity refers to the different ways the brain can work and interpret information. It is estimated that 1 in 7 people (more than 15% of people in the UK) are neurodivergent, meaning that the brain functions, learns and processes information differently.
As awareness of neurodiversity grows, workplaces are being urged to consider how they can accommodate and make space for neurodivergent individuals to thrive. Most forms of Neurodivergence are defined on a spectrum and include Attention Deficit Disorders, Autism, Dyslexia and Dyspraxia. Rather than a hindrance or a disability, these can be considered ‘superpowers’ that give individuals and organisations a competitive edge – if nurtured in the correct way.
In this 60 minute webinar, learn more about neurodiversity, the benefits for organisations, and how to support neurodivergent people to be comfortable and successful at work. Discover:
- What is classified as a Learning Difficulty Vs Learning Disability – and what are the differences?
- How to recognise the signs associated with Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, ADD, ADHD and Autism (ASD)
- How to best support neurodiverse individuals in your workplace and reasonable, practical adjustments to accommodate their needs.
How it works
- Capacity: Up to 100 people virtually.
- Duration: 60 minutes.
- Facilitator: A neurodiversity trainer and mental health professional, with previous roles as Head of Additional Learning and Learning & Development.
- Logistics: We’ll send you an exclusive Zoom link for the session. If Zoom doesn’t suit, we’re happy to use a webinar platform of your choice.