From Employee Burnout to Balance
Described as an epidemic of our time, that has only been exacerbated by the pandemic, Forbes magazine report the pandemic has created a “new kind of burnout” that is seriously jeopardising our wellbeing. So, what can we do about it, as employers and employees? This workshop is here to help.
Employee burnout is a state of emotional, physical, and mental exhaustion caused by excessive and prolonged stress. With 76% of employees and 96% of leaders experiencing burnout at some point in their careers, it seems obvious that preventing burnout and looking after our wellbeing should be a business priority for all – but what does that look like?
The first step to avoiding burnout is not to avoid stress, it is to build greater self-awareness – by understanding our own stress response, building positive habits for energy management to work smarter, not harder, to play to our strengths, and to use our social support networks effectively.
Drawing on the latest research, pioneering research of author and consultant in the field of burnout, this practical 60 minute session focuses on how we can all have sustainable wellbeing and performance, through simple daily habits.
This workshop includes:
- What is burnout? The Science, signs and lived-experience of Burnout
- Energy management in a fast-paced world
- Playing to your strengths and tapping into your values
- The power of self-acceptance, compassion and human connection
How it works:
- Capacity: 50 people or 100 virtually online.
- Length: 60 minutes (Longer sessions are available)
- Requirements: A screen for some slides. If we’re delivering this online, we’ll set up an exclusive, password protected Zoom link.
- Your facilitator: An applied positive psychology coach and consultant.