Introduction to EFT & Guided Practice: Acupuncture without the needles
Emotional Freedom Technique, or EFT, is an energy psychology technique which combines elements of exposure and cognitive therapy, and somatic stimulation. It is often referred to as ‘Tapping’ as it uses a two finger tapping process on specific points of the body; it’s acupuncture but without the needles!
Our emotions affect our physical body in various ways, including how easily we breathe, feelings of physical pain, our confidence, our strength and even how easily and deeply we sleep. EFT assumes that the cause of all negative emotions is a disruption in the body’s energy system. Where there is an imbalance, there is a corresponding blockage in the flow of energy through the meridian system. Stimulating the major meridians by tapping on acupuncture points on the head and body, while simultaneously focusing on specific issues, can lead to remarkable alterations in the body’s energy patterns. This shift of energy results in substantial freedom from emotional and physical symptoms by rewiring energy disruptions – often eliminating them entirely.
EFT has the ability to bring quick and permanent relief, and can be used on virtually anything with a high success rate. Because ‘Tapping’ is a tool which is practical, hands-on, and easy to apply once learnt, it is a unique way to assist people from all walks of life and for all manner of issues, including:
● Releasing fears, phobias and blocks
● Physical symptoms of pain
● Instilling confidence and self-belief by releasing limiting beliefs e.g. public speaking
● Increasing motivation
● Relieving anxiety, stress and depression
● Bouncing back from failures
● Letting go of anticipatory fears – thereby creating better chances of succeeding in interviews for example.
● Healing past trauma
● Improving sleep
● Inappropriate and maladaptive behaviours e.g food cravings and overspending
In this session, you will learn the principles behind this simple yet powerful energy technique. Our breath and emotions are inextricably linked; you will also be guided through the practice to experience the powerful somatic effects of releasing negative emotions.
How it works
- Capacity: Up to 100 people virtually.
- Duration: 60 minutes.
- Facilitator: A certified Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) Practitioner, Neuro-Linguistic Therapy (NLP) and TimeLine Therapy Practitioner and an ICF accredited Trauma Informed Coach.
- Logistics: We’ll send you an exclusive Zoom link for the session. If Zoom doesn’t suit, we’re happy to use a webinar platform of your choice.