Digital Wellbeing: Taking back Control of Tech
Even prior to lockdown, 87% of employees complained that technology prevented them from ‘switching off’ outside of work hours. Factor in two years of working from home and our reliance on our screens lasts well beyond the working day. Amongst Zoom quizzes with friends to online exercise classes, lockdown life had us more reliant on our technology than ever before. But at what cost to our mental health?
Whilst there are countless benefits to the much-needed connection and interactivity our screens can bring us, psychologists still deem society’s smartphone overuse and dependancy as a ‘full blown epidemic’. Believed to be a contributing factor towards increasing levels of anxiety, depression and loneliness, our attachment to our screens is also disrupting our productivity, sleep and relationships. By tackling the following topics, this 60 minute webinar will help you take control of technology, ensuring it enhances, rather than hinders your ‘real life’ off screen:
- Discover the neuroscience and physiological effects of the impact of screen time, particularly how it activates the body’s stress response and impairs working memory.
- Consider ways in which use of certain apps and social media can compromise our mental health.
- Take home tools and tips to help cultivate more conscious and mindful smartphone use, particularly during lockdown and restrictions.
If you panic when you’re without your mobile and get FOMO (fear of missing out) from too much social media scrolling, this session is for you.
How it works:
- Length: 60 minutes.
- Capacity: Up to 100 virtual attendees.
- Facilitator: A digital wellbeing coach and expert in positive psychology.
- Logistics: This webinar is delivered via Zoom or a webinar platform of your choice.