Healthy Home Office
Prevent and reduce neck, shoulder and back pain by learning how to set up your new home office correctly.
New to working from home? With the lockdown period now extended in to May, it’s essential that we take the time to learn how to set up our home working correctly. Failing to put preventative measures in place now will drastically increase the risk of back and neck problems further down the line. And with lockdown affecting our ability to remain as active as usual, it’s vital we learn how to adjust and improve our posture when working from home.
With many of us working from home with limited office equipment, this webinar will teach you how to be pro-active in making small, but key adjustments to your home office set up – so you can continue to work productively, effectively and above all, comfortably.
This 45 minute webinar will include
- An introduction to Ergonomics
- Eye-opening statistics on the cost of back pain to a company.
- The types of back conditions that ergonomics can help with
- The importance of posture
- How agile working can help
- How to adapt to working from home, including:
- Practical tips for setting up an ideal home office workstation
- Ideas for adapting other areas of your house
- The importance of a quiet space
- The importance of taking breaks, for both physical and mental health
- How to recover from a back injury
- Further resources to help you
How it works
Capacity: Up to 100 attendees.
Length: 45 minutes.
Requirements: You’ll be sent an exclusive link to the workshop, which will be streamed via Zoom.
Your workshop facilitator: A Technical Member of The Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors and a specialist in back pain disorders in the workplace.
1:1 Ergonomic desk assessments are also available via Zoom and FaceTime.
With 14 years of multiple site visits visiting 100’s of companies, we have the experience to provide expert home office consultations that are tailored around individual, specific requirements in these difficult times.
Your remote assessment (via phone, Skype or FaceTime) appointment will be with an Ergonomic expert with an Msc in Health Ergonomics and Tech CIEHF. She will educate you in quick and easy long-term preventative strategies which are so key in a full recovery, using your own existing equipment as far as possible and providing innovative solutions to adapting your home for comfortable and safe working practices. It will include:
- In-depth assessment and analysis of symptoms, including previous back pain history (if applicable)
- Workstation risk assessment including a visual REBA
- Seated postural analysis management
- Postural training to supplement any changes that are made to the workstation.
- Ergonomic advice provided, including contributing risk factors outside of the workplace
- Full or summary report detailing any suggested modifications, depending on budget and requirements.
- Duration: 25 -30 minutes.