Breathwork: A Toolkit for Calm
This 30 minute virtual breathwork class serves as an introduction to breathing as an accessible tool to instil greater calm in times of unease.
How we breathe says a lot about how we are. Through awareness and simple breathing practices that alter the rate, pace and ratio of our breath, we can directly impact our physiological state. Having the know-how to access calm via a resource we have with us at all times (i.e. the breath), is a powerful tool for navigating the challenges that come hand-in-hand with daily life.
What to expect:
- An introduction to the breathing process, it’s relationship to the autonomic nervous system and the relevance of this for personal wellbeing.
- An overview of how adjusting the rate, pace and ratio of breathing affects our physiological state.
- Guidance for how to practice slow, extended exhale breathing to soothe feelings of stress and unease and move into a place of calm.
- Guidance for how to practice ‘equal ratio breathing’ to support nervous system balance.
- Practical tips for how to embed these practices in daily life to support resiliency.
At the end of the session, each participant will receive a document of key take-aways and a video recording of a 10 minute breathwork practice.
How it works:
- Duration: 30 minutes
- Capacity: Up to 100 participants per webinar.
- Logistics: You’ll be sent an exclusive link to the workshop, which will be streamed via Zoom.
- Available: Worldwide.