Corporate Cooking Workshops
Get creative in your office kitchen with our hands-on healthy food workshops.
Working Lunch 101
As the main meal of your working day, lunch should be filling, something to look forward to and packed with plenty of nutrients to power a productive afternoon ahead. Sadly, for many workers this isn’t the case and a soggy sandwich or salt-laden convenience meal have become a lunchtime staple. In this hands-on, interactive workshop you’ll roll your sleeves up and make:
- Two tasty salads, packed with protein, fresh ingredients and dreamy salad dressings. (You’ll make enough for your own tasty lunch)
- A healthy homemade hummus from scratch.
You’ll be guided by our resident health food chef, who will share plenty of nutritional knowledge and take-home tips whilst you’re busy making your culinary delights. Packed full of nutrients, but simple enough for even the most time-strapped professional to prepare, the dishes you make in ‘Working Lunch 101’ will prove there’s no excuses not to have a healthy lunch to hand every day of the working week.
Sweet Snacks: Make your Own Energy Balls
Attack the afternoon slump and satisfy your sweet tooth with our favourite go-to healthy snack. In this workshop you’ll learn how to make 3 variations of your own delicious ‘energy ball’, using every day store cupboard ingredients. You’ll follow two set recipes, and then have the chance to design your own, learning how to combine your favourite flavours and make the most of ingredients you have at home. Working in pairs, participants will make:
- Apricot and Fig almond balls
- Cocoa Oat Balls
- Create your own (Using a base of dates and nuts)
*For any nut allergies, please inform us at least one week prior to your workshop and alternative recipes using seeds and tahini will be provided as an alternative.
Virtual Cooking Class
The injection of fun we all need during this tough time, the class will be live-streamed via Zoom, with our resident healthy cooking chef showing you how to make a delicious curry, with two side dishes. You’ll receive a list of ingredients a week before, all of which we guarantee will be easy to source, if not already lurking in your kitchen cupboards. For optimal fun and connectivity with your colleagues, we suggest participants switch their cameras on to enjoy cooking together and sharing their culinary creations with each another afterwards. Find out more about our virtual cooking class here.
Containing chia seeds, nuts, dates and dark chocolate chips, these delicious cookies are lightly sweetened with natural sugars and paired with satiating fats (from the seeds and nuts). Pairing sugars with fat/and or protein can help slow down the release of sugars, providing you with a slower, consistent release of energy – rather than a peak in hyper energy and an almighty sugar crash.
Prior to the class, you’ll be sent a list of easy-to-source ingredients to buy beforehand. You’re then ready to get baking alongside your colleagues. Find out more about our Healthy Cookies Cooking class here.
How our cooking workshops work:
- Capacity: 20 people or up to 100 virtually.
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Equipment: We ask that you raid your office kitchen to provide some plates and cutlery for everyone’s lunch. We provide everything else.
- Requirements: We also ask that you provide use of a power socket and some washing up facilities within proximity. This workshop can take place in a boardroom or meeting room if the office kitchen isn’t available or spacious enough.
- Your teacher: A fully accredited and insured health food chef with a minimum level 2 certificate in food hygiene and safety.