Virtual Chocolate Tasting
Our virtual chocolate tasting workshop is an immersive and sensory experience that brings the wonderful world of chocolate and mindful eating direct to your home.
Using the principles of mindful eating and professional chocolate tasting, you’ll (mindfully) taste a variety of the single origin chocolate that your workshop leader uses in her own chocolate making and has been delivered to your home ahead of the session. Chocolate is an exciting and evocative ingredient, with even more flavour complexity than red wine, making it the perfect ingredient for a sensory experience.
Along the way, you’ll learn about taste, digestion, the potent power of chocolate and the ancient practice of mindful eating – and why it’s so important in our busy modern world.
What to expect in this 60 minute session:
- Slow sensory tasting of 4 different types of fine quality single origin dark chocolate plus a hand flavoured chocolate button
- Learn about the flavour fundamentals of tasting chocolate like a professional
- An overview of the fascinating history of chocolate, and the art and science of the chocolate making process
- Plenty of time for chocolatey questions
- You’ll also receive a special hot chocolate treat in your pack to taste (mindfully!) using some of the techniques we’ll explore in the workshop.
How it works:
- Capacity: 20 people or 100 people virtually.
- Length: 60 minutes
- Equipment: Each participant will be sent a chocolate tasting pack: Containing 3 types of single origin handmade chocolate tasting buttons, 1 larger flavoured chocolate button and a 2-serve hot chocolate sachet. All chocolate is nut-free and hand-made by our artisan chocolatier.
- Your facilitator: A fully accredited mindfulness teacher, chocolatier and chocolate awards judge.
“Eye opening and interesting – I never thought I could be so satisfied from a small piece of chocolate.”
“I thought this was super informative in regards to meditation as well as chocolate. I would have spent hours tasting more chocolate and meditating. Would highly recommend.”
Workshop Attendees, BlowUp Media