Green Pharmacy: Forest Bathing in the Modern World
“Shinrin-Yoku” is the Japanese practice of immersing yourself in nature whilst gently engaging all of the senses. In our virtual Shinrin Yoku (Forest Bathing) workshop, you’ll learn about the immersive experience of connecting with the forest, the healing and calming properties of trees and plants, and how to enhance our sensory connection to nature (wherever you live).
Being close to trees has powerful benefits in reducing stress, increasing happiness and a sense of awe, and a feeling of being grounded and ‘held’.
Delivered by a duo of leading Shinrin Yoki teachers and Ecotherapists, this 60 minute talk will open your eyes to the abundant healing and wellbeing benefits of trees and connecting to nature. This session includes:
- A short overview of the fascinating history, science and research of forest bathing.
- Learn about how trees and forests impact on our health, wellbeing and immune systems
- Experience some virtual forest bathing exercises and learn how to connect to trees for a calm, clear mind.
- A resource sheet for guided forest bathing walks in the city.
- A Q&A with the Forest Bathing experts, ecotherapists and university lecturers.
How it works:
- Capacity: 100 people online.
- Length: 60 minutes
- Logistics: This workshop is available for delivery as a virtual webinar. You’ll be sent an exclusive link to the workshop, which will be streamed via Zoom.
- Your facilitator: Forest Bathing teachers, coaches, ecotherapists and university lecturers.
“Shinrin Yoku – Japanese noun
A visit to the forest for relaxation. Literally: forest bathing.