From Burnout to Balance
Described as an epidemic of our time, burnout is a state of emotional, physical, and mental exhaustion caused by excessive and prolonged stress. With 76% of employees and 96% of leaders experiencing burnout at some point in their careers, it seems obvious that preventing burnout and looking after our wellbeing should be a business priority for all – but what does that look like?
We are all now living in a frantic fast paced world where the ability to multi-task is a badge of honour. However, an adrenaline powered life can have some downsides and without care can lead to exhaustion and a sense of losing direction, energy and optimism both at work and at home. Whether you’re thriving in the fast lane now or feeling overwhelmed, our ‘Burnout to Balance’ workshop offers some simple but effective ways of avoiding burnout before it is too late.
In this 60 minute session, renowned Applied Positive Psychology researcher and resident Stretching the City consultant will share her pioneering research into burnout and sustainable wellbeing. She will offer a unique insight into the lived-experience of burnout, what we can do to prevent it and how we can effectively manage it if we start to notice signs. This workshop includes:
- What is burnout? The Science, signs and Lived-experience of Burnout
- Understanding unhelpful thinking patterns
- The power of an ‘off switch off’ (and tips to find one)
- Setting clear boundaries and communicating expectations with others
- Turning positive behaviours into habit so you can maintain wellbeing and optimise performance when under pressure.
How it works:
- Capacity: 50 people or 100 virtually online.
- Length: 60 minutes (Longer sessions are available)
- Requirements: A screen for some slides. If we’re delivering this online, we’ll set up an exclusive, password protected Zoom link.
- Your facilitator: An applied positive psychology researcher and consultant.
“Burnout is not about giving too much of yourself, it’s about trying to give what you do not possess.” Anon.