Solving the Stress Cycle
Take away actionable tools to stress less and ease anxiety.
Costing the UK economy £6.5 billion a year, stress accounts for 50% of long-term absence, with workload cited as the leading cause (60%) of stress.* Anxiety is another growing epidemic, particularly prevalent amongst millennials and women, who are twice as likely to suffer.*
One of our most popular mental health workshops, Solving the Stress Cycle will help participants consider their causes, symptoms and triggers of stress and anxiety, how they can change their perspective and how to build a lifelong toolkit to keep debilitating stress at bay. This interactive session will discuss:
- What stress and anxiety do to us
- The nervous system: Fight/Flight vs Rest/Digest
- Noticing triggers, emotions & core beliefs
- Skills and tools for managing stressful situations
- Tips for cultivating a relaxed future and positive mindset.
How it works:
This workshop will take an interactive seminar style approach. Attendees will be encouraged to participate in exercises and apply their own challenges to the tools and advice discussed. However, no one will be put on the spot and expected to share confidential, sensitive information.
- Capacity: Up to 30 people.
- Requirements: Attendees will need a notepad and pen. The facilitator will need a screen for powerpoint slides and a flip chart if possible.
- Length: This workshop is available as a 60 minute or 90 minute format. 90 minutes will be more interactive and allow more time for participatory exercises, whilst 60 minutes will be more information focused.
*(Sources: CIPD 2018 and Psychological Medicine, 2018).