Mental Health Awareness Week 2020: The Kindness Workshop
In response to the Coronavirus outbreak, ‘Kindness’ has been announced as the new theme for this year’s Mental Health Awareness Week. We’re delighted to be supporting and celebrating this year’s theme with our bespoke ‘Kindness Workshop,’ which we hope will encourage participants to celebrate daily acts of kindness and to consider what kind of society we want to shape as we emerge from this pandemic.
We believe that kindness starts from within and the kinder we are to ourselves, the stronger the position we’ll be in to be kind to other people. Becoming skilled at being kind to ourselves has a two-fold effect – It has a positive ripple effect across our own physical, mental and emotional wellbeing, and consequently, extending kindness to other people becomes commonplace.
In this 60 minute workshop, expect to:
- Explore the notion of kindness and it’s ripple effect when directed inwards.
- Uncover barriers in the way of embracing self-compassion as a nourishing practice.
- Learn tools and techniques for committing to a daily self-care practice
- Learn how to tune into and challenge negative internal dialogues.
- Brainstorm ideas for daily acts of kindness to ourselves and those around us.
- Consider how we can implement kindness in a post-pandemic world.
- Practice a self-compassion meditation.
How it works:
- Duration: 60 minutes.
- Capacity: Up to 100 people.
- Logistics: This workshop is available for delivery as a virtual webinar. You’ll be sent an exclusive link to the workshop, which will be streamed via Zoom. If lockdown is lifted, we can also offer this workshop in person art your office
10% of profits from The Kindness Workshop will be donated to NHS Charities Together.
“The workshop facilitator was so insightful, good-natured and eloquent, and shared so many thought-provoking and emotion-provoking ideas around ways of thinking and practising kindness. There was so much information but she also made time for moments for reflection and interactivity with sending/reading out comments. My favourite workshop I’ve attended. Really uplifting. Thank you so much”
Kindness Workshop, Webinar Attendee