Mental Health for Managers
Raising Awareness & Cultivating Conversations at Work.
Senior management and line managers play an integral part in the normalising the conversation around mental health. Right now, 1/6 in workers are experiencing a mental health issue, however, 78% of line managers have yet to receive any form of training on mental health at work (Deloitte Workplace Mental Health & Wellbeing, 2017).
In this workshop, managers will be equipped with the skills and confidence to recognise signs and symptoms of mental health issues and effectively guide a person towards support. This 90 minute workshop for line managers and senior team members will cover:
- Causes, signs and symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression
- Culture factor, promoting openness, listening & trust
- Getting comfortable with mental health conversations
- Offering appropriate first-line support in the workplace
- Tackling stigmas and unconscious bias.
- Taking care of your own mental wellbeing so you can support others.
How it works:
- Attendees: Senior managers and line managers.
- Format: A combination of conversation, interactive exercises and some knowledge sharing around mental health in the workplace. In this workshop, we expect and encourage attendees to contribute and bring their challenges and concerns to the table.
- Capacity: 15 people
- Length: Available in a 90 minute or 2 hour format. If you can spare 2 hours, it would add value to delve deeper into this broad subject and allow time for more discussion.
- Attendees will need a notepad and pen. The facilitator will need a screen for powerpoint slides and a flip chart if possible.