Understanding Mental Health (All Staff)
This interactive workshop provides an over-arching introduction to mental health, exploring the difference between mental health, mental illness and mental wealth. Participants will learn to identify the signs of positive and sub-optimal mental wellbeing and learn evidence-based techniques to improve their own mental health and support those around them. This session will challenge stigma and encourage open conversation, making delegates more adaptable, supportive team players. Key learning points include:
- De-mystifying mental health and mental illness.
- Exploring the impact of mental health on productivity, relationships, resilience & physical health.
- Identifying triggers and symptoms of low mental health.
- Gaining confidence & skills to talk about mental health & support those with mental health issues.
Suitable for employees at all levels of your business, we particularly recommend this workshop for those too junior to attend the Mental Health for Managers Training.
How it works:
This workshop will take an interactive seminar style approach. Attendees will be encouraged to participate in exercises and apply their own challenges to the tools and advice discussed. However, no one will be put on the spot and expected to share confidential, sensitive information.
- Capacity: 30 people or 100 virtually online.
- Length: This workshop is available as a 60 minute or 90 minute format. 90 minutes will be more interactive and allow more time for participatory exercises, whilst 60 minutes will be more information focused.
- Requirements: Attendees will need a notepad and pen. The facilitator will need a screen for powerpoint slides and a flip chart if possible.
- Your facilitator: A clinical psychologist or mental health professional.
- Attendees: All Staff