MANAGING STRESS & RESILIENCE WITH MINDFULNESS
x4 weeks of 60 minute sessions or half day workshop
Lead and developed by Stretching the City’s resident mindfulness meditation teacher and psychotherapist, this new course has been designed to delve deeper in to the detrimental effects of stress and help build the muscles of resilience and mental strength to bring calm and equanimity to every day.
Week 1 & 2: Will focus on stress. Understanding ‘good’ and ‘bad’ stress and sharing techniques to manage them. As well as mindfulness meditations, Hope will also share basic psychological interventions, that anyone can employ to strengthen and empower them during times of stress.
Week 3 & 4: Will focus on resilience, in particular mindfulness practices to help develop resilient thinking and attitudes during times of change, uncertainty and overwhelm. Your teacher will also help participants develop tools and techniques for noticing and managing their emotions and protecting their mental, emotional and physical health whilst in a demanding professional environment.
Format: X4 weeks of 60 minute sessions. Suitable for up to 30 participants.
How it works:
- Courses can take place in a quiet space, such as a meeting room and a chair for each participant.
- Capacity: 30 people per course.
- Whilst attendance at every session is not compulsory, it is advised in order to get the most out of the course.
- Independent practice is not compulsory, but ‘homework’ practices will be provided each week.
- Each session will require a screen for some slides.