Managing Digital Distractions
Taking back control of technology.
87% of employees complain that technology prevents them from ‘switching off’ outside of work hours. (CIPD Health & Wellbeing at Work Survey, 2018)
Described by psychologists as a ‘full blown epidemic’, there is no hiding society’s smartphone overuse and dependancy. Believed to be a contributing factor towards increasing levels of anxiety, depression and loneliness, our attachment to our screens is also disrupting our productivity, sleep and relationships. By tackling the following topics, this 60 minute digital distractions workshop will help you take control of technology, ensuring it enhances, rather than hinders your ‘real life’ off screen:
- Discover the neuroscience and physiological effects of the impact of too much screen time, particularly how it activates the body’s stress response and impairs working memory.
- Consider ways in which use of certain apps and social media can compromise our mental health.
- Take home tools and tips to help cultivate more conscious and mindful smartphone use.
If you panic when you’re without your mobile and get FOMO (fear of missing out) from too much social media scrolling, this session is for you.
How it works:
- Length: 60 minutes.
- Capacity: Up to 30 people
- We require a screen for some slides.