Sustainability in 60 Minutes
Whilst some believe the travel-restrictions and consequences of Covid have given the the plant a much needed breather, Covid has pushed the climate crisis further down the agenda and news headlines.
Yet the climate crisis has far from disappeared. Although public awareness around the issue is high, it’s all too easy to feel overwhelmed and hopeless as individuals and families and to not really know what we should and could be doing in our own homes and everyday lives to make a difference.
60% of global greenhouse gas emissions come from household consumption, so far from being powerless, we really can make a difference, and just a few simple swaps and changes can have a far bigger impact than we might think.
What’s more, businesses are coming to realise that there’s more to good business than profits. Progressive, forward-thinking organisations are no longer solely concerned with the financial bottom line – they’re looking at the ‘triple bottom line’ of People, Planet and Profit. And it’s not just businesses, it’s employees and customers too.
This 60 minute workshop will discuss:
- Where we’re at now, and the role we play as individuals in driving change.
- Eco anxiety, overwhelm, and how action is the antidote to both.
- How to fit ‘sustainability’ easily into our existing lives and routines, even when we’re already busy.
- Which actions give us the most ‘bang for our buck’ as well as other ideas for some of the easiest changes to make.
How it works
- Capacity: Up to 50 people or 100 people virtually.
- Duration: 60 minutes.
- Facilitator: A certified coach, sustainability speaker and best-selling author.
- Requirements: A screen for slides.
‘Sustainability is not a department, it’s everyone’s job.’ The Irish Times.
5 Easy Eco Things You Can Do From Your Sofa (30 minutes)
Sustainability’ can feel overwhelming, especially on top of all the other changes that have been thrust upon us since March last year. There are so many things we feel like we should be doing, but it can all feel a bit too much at times. Join me for just 30 minutes to find out some big(ish) impact things you can do to help the planet without even leaving the house (or the sofa..!)
- A brief introduction on the the sustainable(ish) ethos
- Followed by 5 easy yet impactful things you can do to help the planet, without even having to leave the house!
- Finishing up with ‘call to action’ – what will you do now?
- With time for Q&A at the end
- Along with downloadable PDF of the links mentioned and further resources
How it works:
Capacity: Up to 50 people or 100 people virtually.
Duration: 60 minutes.
Facilitator: A certified coach, sustainability speaker and best-selling author.
Requirements: A screen for slides.