Sustainability in 60 Minutes
The climate crisis has gone very quickly from a kind of ‘someday threat’ to something that is making headlines every week, and although public awareness around the issue is the highest it’s ever been, it’s all too easy to feel overwhelmed and hopeless as individuals and families and to not really know what we should and could be doing in our own homes and everyday lives to make a difference.
60% of global greenhouse gas emissions come from household consumption, so far from being powerless, we really can make a difference, and just a few simple swaps and changes can have a far bigger impact than we might think.
What’s more, businesses are coming to realise that there’s more to good business than profits. Progressive, forward-thinking organisations are no longer solely concerned with the financial bottom line – they’re looking at the ‘triple bottom line’ of People, Planet and Profit. And it’s not just businesses, it’s employees and customers too.
This 60 minute workshop will discuss:
- Where we’re at now, and the role we play as individuals in driving change.
- Eco anxiety, overwhelm, and how action is the antidote to both.
- How to fit ‘sustainability’ easily into our existing lives and routines, even when we’re already busy.
- Which actions give us the most ‘bang for our buck’ as well as other ideas for some of the easiest changes to make.
Why not add on an Office Makeover? Following the workshop the facilitator will take a tour of your workplace and suggest simple changes that will help cut your carbon footprint AND get your team engaged and onboard.
How it works
- Capacity: Up to 50 people or 100 people virtually.
- Duration: 60 minutes.
- Facilitator: A certified coach, sustainability speaker and best-selling author.
- Requirements: A screen for slides.
‘Sustainability is not a department, it’s everyone’s job.’ The Irish Times.