Why Workplace Wellbeing?
As numbers of sick days tot up, cases of depression and anxiety rise and the obesity epidemic shows no sign of slimming down, there’s never been a more pertinent time to invest in employee wellbeing. Recent studies point to ‘a wealth of evidence’ suggesting a positive link between the introduction of wellness programmes in the workplace and improved business key performance indicators.
Here’s just a handful of the benefits of a workplace wellbeing programme:
- Companies that invest in employee wellbeing have found 25% less staff turnover, 40% less absence & 50% less accidents & injuries. (Telegraph Britain’s Healthiest Company Survey, 2015)
- For every £1 invested in corporate wellbeing, there’s a £3 return in improved efficiency and productivity (Sheffield Hallam University, 2015)
- The average annual cost of absence and presenteeism due to ill health is around 8% of the company’s wage bill. (Telegraph Britain’s Healthiest Company Survey, 2015)
Help mitigate mental ill health
- Mental ill health has surpassed musculoskeletal injuries to become the leading cause (56%) of long-term absence (CIPD Health and Well-being at Work Survey 2018).
- 1 in 4 people will experience mental illness which meets diagnostic criteria in any year, and 1/5 people will get signed off from work due to stress – although 90% will lie about the reason for their absence. (Mental Health England,2018)
- 2/5 of companies have seen a rise in reported mental health problems (such as anxiety & depression) in the last 12 months. (CIPD Health and Well-being at Work Survey 2018).
Attract and retain staff
- 87% of employees consider health and wellness packages when choosing an employer.
- Nearly 54% of Generaton Z (Born between 1995-2010) and 58% of millennials consider company wellness programs important or extremely important when making a job decision.(Attract & Retail Talent, Forbes, 2018)
Whether you’re booking a one-off session, a year long schedule, a Wellness Day or Wellbeing Week, the Stretching the City team will curate a bespoke wellbeing programme that meets your business objectives and ROI.
To arrange a meeting or phone call to discuss your workplace wellbeing strategy further, please get in touch.